Kent State wins 6th straight, 83-76 over Wright State
- Senators plan NCAA sports bill of rights
- Ex-Florida St. C Ojo dies while training
- Tide G Petty to return for senior season
- Buffs' Wright IV to return next season
- Zags F Kispert returning for senior year
KENT, Ohio (AP) Jaylin Walker had 25 points and seven rebounds and hit three 3-pointers to help Kent State win its sixth straight in an 83-76 victory over Wright State on Saturday.
The Golden Flashes (8-1) took the lead for good at 75-74 on Antonio Williams' layup with 2:13 left in the game. That sparked an 8-0 run as the Raiders (4-6) missed four consecutive 3-point attempts and Kent State led 81-74 with 14 seconds to go.
Kent State led 39-34 at the half and extended to its largest lead on Williams' 3-point play to open the second-half scoring. Wright State took the lead by scoring the next 10 points and stayed in front for much of the second half.
Updated December 8, 2018