Rodriguez's 21 pts lifts ETSU past UT Martin 80-62
- Kansas picked first in Big 12 poll
- Howard talks up Michigan at media day
- UK favorite in SEC for ninth year in row
- Louisville's Slazinski has appendicitis
- Izzo welcomes expectations for Spartans
JOHNSON CITY, Tenn. (AP) Jeromy Rodriguez scored a career-high 21 points and grabbed 16 rebounds - one off his career high - and East Tennessee State beat UT Martin 80-62 on Saturday night.
ETSU (8-3) got 20 points from Tray Boyd III, Patrick Good scored 14 and Mladen Armus scored 10 with eight rebounds and six assists.
The Buccaneers owned a 45-29 rebounding advantage, made 10 3-pointers and shot 31 of 61 (50.8 percent) from the field.
UT Martin led 38-33 at halftime but struggled shooting after the break and made just 8 of 26 shots. The Buccaneers went the opposite direction and made 17 of 29 shots (58.6) percent with seven 3s.
Parks scored 20 and Quintin Dove had 18 for the Skyhawks.
Updated December 8, 2018