Phillips powers Longwood past VMI 65-45
- NC State shocks No. 6 Duke in 88-66 rout
- No. 16 Seton Hall stuns Butler at buzzer
- Edwards, Georgia upset No. 13 Auburn
- No. 11 Louisville routs Syracuse
- No. 12 Villanova hits 18 3s, tops DePaul
FARMVILLE, Va. (AP) Lorenzo Phillips scored a career-high 23 points and grabbed 11 rebounds for his first career double-double to help Longwood beat VMI 65-45 on Saturday.
Phillips scored nine straight points and added a 3-pointer toward the end of a 17-0 Lancers run that made it 45-25 early in the second half. The Keydets answered with a 7-0 run to cut the deficit to 13 and later got as close as 47-35 before Longwood pulled away for good.
Myles Lewis led VMI (5-4) with 11 points.
The Keydets struggled shooting from the field (27 percent), the 3-point line (18 percent) and the foul line (42 percent). VMI led for more than nine minutes in the early part of the first half with its largest lead at 13-8.
Updated December 1, 2018