Pipkins scores 20, UMass holds off Quinnipiac 69-62
- Iowa suspends Pemsl for suspected DUI
- UCLA AD Guerrero to retire in July 2020
- Chattanooga extends Paris' contract
- L'ville, Pitino settle two-way lawsuit
- UVa's Bennett declines raise, aids staff
Carl Pierre scored 12 points and Rashaan Holloway tied a career high with 13 rebounds for UMass (5-3), which shot 45 percent from the floor (25 of 56) while holding Quinnipiac to 30-percent shooting (18 of 60).
The Minutemen led by 21 with just over 11 minutes remaining when Quinnipiac poured on a 27-15 run, hoisting up 10 3-pointers, making four, and converting 9 of 10 at the free throw line. Still, the Bobcats (2-3) couldn't get closer than 68-61 with 48 seconds left.
Pipkins made 1 of 2 free throws with 19 seconds to go and Cobb closed out the game with a steal.
Travis Atson scored 16 for Quinnipiac with eight rebounds, Aaron Robinson added 15 points with five boards and three assists.
Updated November 28, 2018