Porter leads Portland in 72-67 comeback win over Cal Poly
- UK favorite in SEC for ninth year in row
- Izzo welcomes expectations for Spartans
- Memphis, Houston share top spot in AAC
- Calhoun denies sex discrimination claims
- Hall picked to win Big East over 'Nova
Down 33-23 at halftime, Portland (5-2) rallied in the second half, shooting 9 of 13 (69 percent) from beyond the 3-point line and 61 percent (14 of 23) from the field. JoJo Walker contributed 12 points for the Pilots.
Marcellus Garrick's 3-pointer less than two minutes into the second half put Cal Poly out front 38-25 before the Pilots took the lead with an 18-3 run. With less than two minutes left, Tuukka Jaakkola's layup off his offensive rebound brought the Mustangs within 63-60. Porter responded with a 3 and pair of free throws and Walker made 1 of 2 foul shots with 45 seconds left and Portland held on.
Jaakkola led Cal Poly (1-4) with 13 points and Mark Crowe scored 10.
Updated November 24, 2018