Southern Utah hangs on to beat Seattle 73-70
- Ivy League suspends all fall sports
- NC State says 5 test positive for virus
- Texas Tech signs 7-foot-1 Russian center
- Boynton kept Cunningham from leaving OSU
- Cards halt hoops after 2 test positive
SEATTLE (AP) Andre Adams and Cameron Oluyitan scored 15 points each, Brandon Better added 13 and Southern Utah held on for a 73-70 victory over Seattle on Sunday.
Better's two free throws gave Southern Utah a 48-47 lead with 12 minutes remaining and the Thunderbirds were up by eight with 7:23 left after Better's 3-pointer. The Redhawks got within two three times after that, the final time with 1 1/2 minutes to go, but Southern Utah made 6 of 8 free throws from there.
Adams had 11 points and Better 10 in the second half. Seattle made 11 3-pointers, five more than Southern Utah, but the Thunderbirds hit 21 of 27 free throws to 3 of 8 for the Redhawks.
Southern Utah is off to its first 3-0 start as a Division-I program.
Updated November 18, 2018