Ball State tops Appalachian State 94-86 in OT
- FSU rallies past Cards to move atop ACC
- Texas beats No. 20 WVU to stay hot
- New No. 1 Kansas dominates Oklahoma St.
- Dosunmu helps power Illini by Nebraska
- Martin revving up game at Arizona State
CHARLESTON, S.C. (AP) - Tayler Persons scored 10 of his 29 points in overtime and Ball State held on to defeat Appalachian State 94-86 in the seventh-place game at the Charleston Classic on Sunday.
The Cardinals (2-3) held an 11-point lead with 2:43 left before the Mountaineers (1-4) rallied with a 17-6 run to tie things at 80 on Ronshad Shabazz's layup and to force overtime.
After that, it was all Ball State. Persons fueled an 11-0 start to the extra period as the Cardinals took control.
Shabazz finished with a career-high 37 points for Appalachian State.
Updated November 18, 2018