Cambridge scores 23, Brown beats UMass Lowell 82-74
- Florida guard out of draft, transfers
- Power 5 leagues want player compensation
- Big 12 revenue distribution down $1.1M
- Texas Tech adds ex-Hoyas star McClung
- Kentucky, Irish announce 3-year series
PROVIDENCE, R.I. (AP) Desmond Cambridge scored 23 points on Friday night, and Brown pulled away late in the first half and then held on for an 82-74 win over UMass-Lowell.
The game was closely contested for the first 14 minutes before Brown scored 14 straight points to build a 43-28 lead late in the first half. The Bears had their largest lead at 47-30 on the opening basket of the second half.
The River Hawks (1-3) had a 15-2 run to cut the deficit to 49-45 but Brown pushed the lead to 56-46 and kept the advantage between seven and 13 the rest of the way.
Updated November 16, 2018