UC Irvine beats Santa Clara 61-49
- Iowa suspends Pemsl for suspected DUI
- UCLA AD Guerrero to retire in July 2020
- Chattanooga extends Paris' contract
- L'ville, Pitino settle two-way lawsuit
- UVa's Bennett declines raise, aids staff
The Anteaters (4-0) trailed by five early in the second half before taking control with a 19-3 run to lead 46-35 on Jonathan Galloway's layup with 7:19 left in the game. The Broncos (0-2) got the deficit no closer than eight from there.
Santa Clara had the largest lead of the first half at 19-14 and went into the break with a 26-24 advantage.
Keshawn Justice and Tahj Eaddy had 11 points each, and Guglielmo Caruso added 10 points for the Broncos.
UC Irvine had a 44-34 edge in rebounding and outscored Santa Clara 32-16 in points in the paint.
The Broncos made just 7 of 27 shots (26 percent) in the second half.
Updated November 16, 2018