McCoy with 18 points leads Boston past Albany 71-61
- Top of poll steady; Baylor-Kansas looms
- Dotson scores 29 as No. 3 Kansas rolls
- Late 3 caps Irish's big rally past UNC
- Xavier ends on 8-0 run to top St. John's
- UConn's Akok done after Achilles tear
ALBANY, N.Y. (AP) Javante McCoy scored 18 points and Boston University beat Albany 71-61 on Wednesday night.
Boston shot 51 percent from the field compared to 34 percent for Albany and had a 40-33 rebounding edge.
McCoy drained a 3-pointer late in the first half to give the Terriers a 24-14 lead with 7:40 to go in the first half and a Jordan Guest 3 stretched it to 35-22 with 1:58 to go before the break.
Boston maintained a comfortable lead throughout the second half, extending its advantage to 21 on an Alex Vilarino layup before Albany got as close as 58-49 with 6:16 remaining.
Cameron Healy scored 20 points to lead the Great Danes (0-2).
Updated November 14, 2018