VCU takes down Bowling Green 72-61 behind Evans, Williams
- Baldwin comes up big, No. 13 Butler wins
- Purdue rolls, tops Badgers at home again
- Freshman Whitney leaving No. 15 Kentucky
- Plenty at stake in Big 12-SEC Challenge
- Maryland seeks to build off 1st road win
RICHMOND, Va. (AP) Vince Williams and Marcus Evans each scored 12 points and VCU capitalized on 27 Bowling Green turnovers and beat the Falcons 72-61 on Monday night.
Michael Gilmore's 3-point play with 11:15 before halftime gave VCU a 19-17 lead and the Rams led the rest of the way. Williams' layup 95 seconds before halftime gave VCU its first double-digit lead at 35-24. Isaac Vann's free throw shortly after intermission capped an 18-4 run that made it 48-28 and Bowling Green never got closer than the game's final margin.
Ten different players scored for the Rams. VCU (3-0) scored 30 points off Bowling Green's miscues; however, the Falcons owned a 47-31 rebounding advantage. Bowling Green missed 10 of its 27 free throws.
Updated November 12, 2018