Justice serves up 71-65 win for IUPUI over Eastern Illinois
- Gators' Nembhard questionable vs. Auburn
- Miss. St.'s Howland receives $25k fine
- Washington St. surprises No. 8 Oregon
- No. 1 Zags roll to 33rd home win in row
- No. 22 Memphis rallies past Cincinnati
INDIANAPOLIS (AP) Camron Justice scored 21 points and IUPUI held on to defeat Eastern Illinois 71-65 on Saturday.
The Jaguars (1-1) were up by 13 midway through the second half and 10 with five minutes to play before the Panthers (0-2) closed within two with 1:21 to play.
After Eastern Illinois closed the gap on two Josiah Wallace free throws, IUPUI went 7 of 10 from the foul line to pull out the win.
Rade Kukobat led the Panthers with 18 points, Shareef Smith had 13 and Mack Smith and Josiah Wallace had 12 apiece.
The Jags opened the game with an 8-0 run, starting with a 3 from Justice, a transfer from Vanderbilt.
The teams combined to go 41 of 55 from the foul line after 47 fouls and they had 35 turnovers.
Updated November 10, 2018