Jeffries with 18 points, Tulsa buries SC State 74-52
- Defense helps No. 7 Maryland rip Oakland
- Huff, Diakite lead No. 9 UVa by Columbia
- No. 10 Villanova rebounds, routs Ohio
- Purdue blasts Chicago State to end skid
- McGusty keys Miami's rout of Quinnipiac
TULSA, Okla. (AP) DaQuan Jeffries scored 18 points and grabbed nine rebounds and Tulsa beat South Carolina State 74-52 on Saturday.
Tulsa shot 52 percent from the field overall compared to 31 percent for SC State and outrebounded the Bulldogs (1-1) 43-29.
Jeriah Horne sank a jumper midway through the first half to give Tulsa the lead, 13-11, and the Golden Hurricane led all the way to a 36-25 advantage at the break.
Tulsa maintained a double-figure lead throughout the second half and Jeffries made a layup, a dunk and a 3-pointer back-to-back to stretch it to 57-38 with 11:36 to play.
Damni Applewhite scored 21 points and grabbed four rebounds for South Carolina State.
Updated November 10, 2018