St. John's rallies to beat Bowling Green 84-80
- No. 18 Ohio State smothers No. 10 'Nova
- Nwora leads No. 4 Louisville to easy win
- Ramsey powers No. 11 Texas Tech in rout
- VCU forces 26 turnovers, tops No. 23 LSU
- USC signs nation’s top recruit Mobley
After trailing 39-37 at halftime and by as many as 11 early in the second half, Ponds' 3-point play put the Red Storm up for good 62-60. Ponds, the Big East preseason player of the year, hit a 3-pointer with 2:39 to play that made it 78-69. The Falcons (1-1) closed to 81-80 on Justin Turner's layup with 6 seconds to go, but Heron made one of two from the line, then stole the ball off Demajeo Wiggins' defensive rebound to seal the win.
Marvin Clark II scored 15 points, LJ Figueroa added 11 and St. John's (2-0) shot 46 percent from the field (30 of 65) to Bowling Green's 50 percent (25 of 50).
St John's led by as many as nine points in the first half before the Falcons rallied and took a 35-33 lead on Dylan Frye's 3.
Updated November 9, 2018