Holloway wins in debut; Saint Peter's beats Lafayette in OT
- Top of poll steady; Baylor-Kansas looms
- Dotson scores 29 as No. 3 Kansas rolls
- Late 3 caps Irish's big rally past UNC
- Xavier ends on 8-0 run to top St. John's
- UConn's Akok done after Achilles tear
JERSEY CITY, N.J. (AP) Davauhnte Turner scored seven of his 25 points in overtime to lift Saint Peter's to a 93-86 season-opening victory over Lafayette and give Shaheen Holloway the win in his coaching debut on Wednesday night.
Justin Jaworski scored 28 points and Alex Petrie had 18 to lead Lafayette. Myles Cherry had a game-high 11 rebounds. Petrie hit a jumper with 21 seconds remaining to force overtime with the game tied at 79.
Ndefo had a dunk, Idowu and Turner added 3-pointers and the Peacocks lead 87-81 with 1:41 remaining. Jaworski made all five of his free-throw attempts to pull the Leopards to 89-86, but Turner made a layup and added a pair of free throws in the final 18 seconds to seal it.
Updated November 7, 2018