Norfolk St. defeats Maryland-Eastern Shore 74-63
- Defense helps No. 7 Maryland rip Oakland
- Huff, Diakite lead No. 9 UVa by Columbia
- No. 10 Villanova rebounds, routs Ohio
- Purdue blasts Chicago State to end skid
- McGusty keys Miami's rout of Quinnipiac
Norfolk State has won four straight and eight of its last nine.
The Spartans led 33-30 at halftime, and later, Ahmad Frost hit a 3 and Maryland-Eastern Shore trailed 54-53 with 10 minutes left. Derrick Jamerson made a 3-pointer, Bryan Gellineau made a layup and Alex Long made 1 of 2 foul shots for a seven-point advantage. Nic Thomas' 3 with 2:26 left made it 70-59 and the Spartans were never threatened.
Norfolk State (12-17, 10-4 Mid-Eastern Athletic) controlled the glass with a 46-32 rebounding advantage - including 16 on the offensive end - and shot 28 of 65 (43 percent) from the field.
Tyler Jones led the Hawks (6-24, 2-13) with 21 points, Cameron Bacote scored 10 and Miryne Thomas grabbed nine rebounds with five blocks.
Updated February 24, 2018