UIC uses late run to beat Detroit Mercy 94-87
- Iowa suspends Pemsl for suspected DUI
- UCLA AD Guerrero to retire in July 2020
- Chattanooga extends Paris' contract
- L'ville, Pitino settle two-way lawsuit
- UVa's Bennett declines raise, aids staff
The Flames (17-12, 12-4 Horizon League) pulled away with a 21-5 run to lead 84-67 on Clint Robinson's layup with 5:14 left. The Titans (8-21, 4-12) cut the deficit to seven at 89-82 and at the final score.
Jordan Blount added 15 points and 10 rebounds for UIC, which is a game behind league leaders, Wright State and Northern Kentucky. The Flames' 12 Horizon League wins are the most in conference play since the 2003-04 squad, which was the last to play in the NCAA Tournament.
Updated February 19, 2018