UC Santa Barbara beats Long Beach St 80-70
- Miss. State placed on 3 years' probation
- Jury acquits Cleaves of sexual assault
- Indiana hires Mike Roberts as assistant
- WVU lands Arkansas transfer Osabuohien
- Wright on double-duty with US team
LONG BEACH, Calif. (AP) Leland King II scored 20 points and grabbed 15 rebounds, Gabe Vincent added 19 points, and UC Santa Barbara pulled ahead early to beat Long Beach State 80-70 on Thursday night to remain atop the Big West Conference standings.
The Gauchos (20-5, 9-2) have won eight straight and are having their best start since the 1987-88 season.
Long Beach State led early, but King's jumper put the Gauchos up for good, 6-5, and they led 37-17 at halftime and by double digits the rest of the way.
Gabe Levin scored 25 points with 14 rebounds and Edon Maxhuni added a career-high 20 points with four 3-pointers for the 49ers (13-15, 7-5).
Updated February 16, 2018