Vermont stays unbeaten in America East, beats Albany 72-67
- NC State shocks No. 6 Duke in 88-66 rout
- No. 16 Seton Hall stuns Butler at buzzer
- Edwards, Georgia upset No. 13 Auburn
- No. 11 Louisville routs Syracuse
- No. 12 Villanova hits 18 3s, tops DePaul
ALBANY, N.Y. (AP) Trae Bell-Haynes and Drew Urquhart combined to score 39 points and Vermont used timely free throw shooting in the final two minutes to pull out a 72-67 victory over Albany Thursday night and remain unbeaten atop the America East Conference.
Grieg Stire's two free throws with 2:38 left gave Albany a 67-66 lead, but the Great Danes did not score again and Vermont pulled out its 20th win of the season.
Bell-Haynes led the Vermont (20-5, 10-0) offense with 20 points and dished five assists. Urquhart had 19 points and eight rebounds and Duncan added 15 points.
Albany (18-8, 6-5) held a nine-point lead at intermission, but was outscored by 14 over the final 20 minutes.
Updated February 8, 2018