UCSB stays undefeated at home, beats CSU Northridge 75-51
- UVa's Bennett declines raise, aids staff
- Drake F Murphy charged after shooting
- Virginia raises banner, celebrates title
- DePaul, Leitao negotiating extension
- OVC tourney in Evansville through 2023
SANTA BARBARA, Calif. (AP) Leland King II had 25 points and a career-high 17 rebounds to help UC Santa Barbara remain tied atop the Big West Conference with a 75-51 win over CSU Northridge on Saturday night.
The victory improved the Gauchos' home record to 11-0, their best ever start to a season. Their overall record of 18-5 is their best overall start since the 1988-89 team did the same. In conference they are tied with UC Davis at 7-2.
UCSB first pulled away with an 8-2 run to end the first half with a 32-25 lead. The Gauchos then kept CSU Northridge (5-18, 2-7) at bay until going on a 19-1 run to lead 68-44.
Updated February 4, 2018