Louisiana Tech cruises in 89-66 win over Southern Miss
- Power 5 leagues want player compensation
- Texas Tech adds ex-Hoyas star McClung
- Kentucky, Irish announce 3-year series
- Terry returns to Arizona as assistant
- Hoops Hall delaying enshrinement to 2021
RUSTON, La. (AP) Jacobi Boykins was 6 of 10 from 3-point range with 20 points on Saturday night and Louisiana Tech used a big first half to get past Southern Miss 89-66.
Amorie Archibald added 14 points and a career-high-tying 10 assists for the Bulldogs (13-9, 4-5 Conference USA), who led 57-27 at halftime.
Louisiana Tech never trailed and had a 26-4 run to build its largest lead at 49-18 late in the first half. The Golden Eagles (11-11, 4-5) got the deficit no closer than 21 in the second half.
Tyree Griffin led Southern Miss with 14 points and LaDavius Draine added 12.
Louisiana Teach made 11 of 18 from 3-point range and 21 of 30 overall in the first half.
Updated January 27, 2018