ETSU beats Detroit Mercy 81-73
- Dayton clinches A-10 title, run hits 18
- No. 3 Zags clinch 8th straight WCC title
- Trice, Badgers hold off No. 19 Michigan
- Bradley helps Cal knock off No. 21 Buffs
- No. 14 Oregon pulls away from Oregon St.
DETROIT (AP) Desonta Bradford scored 21 points on Tuesday night and East Tennessee State led for the final 12 minutes in an 81-73 win over Detroit Mercy.
Jalan McCloud added 14 points for the Buccaneers (7-4), who bounced back from their first loss in the last six.
ETSU trailed 39-34 at the break but took the lead for good at 53-50 on a Jason Williams 3-pointer and pulled away with 10 straight to lead 67-55 on McCloud's layup with seven minutes to go.
The Titans (4-8) got as close as 67-62 on Cole Long's 3 with five minutes left, but the Bucs stretched the lead back to 11, and Detroit lost its sixth straight.
ETSU made just 3 of 14 from 3-point range and got outrebounded 33-31 but committed just seven turnovers to Detroit's 16.
Updated December 19, 2017