Northeastern holds off Vermont 71-67
- NC State shocks No. 6 Duke in 88-66 rout
- No. 16 Seton Hall stuns Butler at buzzer
- Edwards, Georgia upset No. 13 Auburn
- No. 11 Louisville routs Syracuse
- No. 12 Villanova hits 18 3s, tops DePaul
The Huskies (6-4) nearly had their 10-point, second-half lead erased when Anthony Lamb's layup cut the deficit to 66-65 with 2:12 left. Northeastern's Shawn Occeus hit a 3-pointer to push the lead to four and Lamb's free throws capped the Catamounts' scoring with 1:27 left.
The Huskies took control with a 14-2 run in the first half to build their largest lead of the game at 31-20 before going into the halftime up 36-32. They never trailed in the second half.
Occeus had 16 points and Pusica added 12 for Northeastern, which won its fourth straight.
Lamb powered Vermont's rally by scoring its final 13 points and finished with 32, including all 15 of his foul shots. The Catamounts dropped their third in a row.
Updated December 9, 2017