San Diego jumps out early, cruises past Norfolk State 71-62
- Kansas picked first in Big 12 poll
- Howard talks up Michigan at media day
- UK favorite in SEC for ninth year in row
- Louisville's Slazinski has appendicitis
- Izzo welcomes expectations for Spartans
SAN DIEGO (AP) Olin Carter III scored 13 of his 21 points in the first half and San Diego rolled to a 71-62 victory over Norfolk State on Saturday night.
The Toreros built a 22-point halftime lead and kept the double-digit edge for most of the second half. Bungei made a jumper to pull the Spartans to 52-45 with seven minutes left but they didn't get closer until the last 30 seconds.
It was the first meeting between the schools.
Updated November 19, 2017